Tuesday, August 25, 2015

How to Become an Instagram Suggested User♡


Let me go ahead and spoil this for you. I don’t know exactly HOW I got on the Suggested User list.

But, I can tell you that I was working for a long time on intentionally creating my Instagram feed. I made very specific & strategic decisions that, in my opinion, probably helped get me noticed.♡

Instead of pretending like I know how the heck I got chosen, instead, I’ll tell you the steps I took leading up to being chosen. What happened when I got the word from Insta & what happened over the course of my time on the ever exclusive, ever elusive Suggested User list.♡

When I first started Instagram, I didn’t know about branding. I didn’t know how the platform worked. I didn’t use hashtags or try & make connections with companies. Oh & my pictures were horrible. There was that.

Also, I do not have a huge social media following on any other platform. It’s not like I had 80k Facebook followers I could herd over to Instagram. Or even 2k, for that matter. I essentially started out like everyone else (without a platform) – a nobody with no followers. And not a nobody in the sense that I was worthless, but… you know what I mean. It was a level playing field.♡

Instagram will put someone on a suggested user list after looking at a couple of things.
    ♡The quality of the images you post.
    ♡How much do you engage with others and contribute to the community?
    ♡How frequently do you post?
    ♡How many famous instagrammers are following you?
    ♡Are you following a certain theme in your images?
    ♡How badly do you want it?

Before I was put on the Suggested User list I felt like I’d paved a path where a steady, consistent influx of people were following me & I had been gaining by an average of 1k new followers a month. I had a system & knew what worked.

When I got picked up on Jan 15 I received both an email & a DM in the app. It basically told me I was on a ‘dynamic list that highlights some of the top community members’ & they hoped that during my time as a Suggested User I would be able to show other users ‘not only beautiful photographs & videos but also how to be an awesome community member’.

So what good things happened? Well, more followers of course. More likes, more engagement. More opportunities to connect with people I wanted to inspire or brands that I wanted to collaborate with. My biggest cheerleaders were cheering even louder, sending me tons of well wishes & congrats & lots of – We can’t believe your feed is blowing up, we’re all so proud! 

    ♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

Thank You for reading I hope this tips help you in becoming an Instagram suggested user, oh and make you make the best when becoming a suggested user because you only get two week. Have fun and don't forget to smile♡♡


No comments:

Post a Comment